My latest adventure is writing a book on building and operating a world class Security Operations Center (SOC). This book is published and available for purchase through amazon.com.
Other than my 20 years of experience in information security, I have been talking to a number of information security professionals as part of my research. The objective is to benefit from practical experience of a many people who have actually planned, designed, and built SOC and incorporate their experiences in the book.
Table of Contents & Download
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: SOC Business Case Development
- Chapter 3: Logs and other data sources
- Chapter 4: SOC Human Resources
- Chapter 5: SOC Technology Stack
- Chapter 6: SOC Implementation Planning
- Chapter 7: SOC Operations and Incident Response
- Chapter 8: SOC Staff Training and skills development
- Chapter 9: Threat Intelligence and Threat Hunting
- Chapter 10: Measuring Efficiency and SOC Metrics
- Chapter 11: Open Source Solutions for SOC